Classes today are running as scheduled.
Join in. Mount up. Ride tall!
ManeGait Inclement Weather Cancellation Policy
To protect the well being of our riders, volunteers, horses and employees, the following guidelines will be observed with regard to cancelling riding lessons:
- Extreme cold – temperature below 35 with wind-chill factor
- Hazardous road conditions
- Extreme heat – temperature above 110 with heat index factor
- Tornado warnings, severe thunderstorms, visible lightning or hail storms.
Once it is determined that lessons will be canceled, the cancellation will be posted on the ManeGait website. If a cancellation occurs due to inclement weather, the client will be given the option to request a refund or credit towards the next session (if 3 or more lessons are cancelled for a client due to weather, a make-up will be scheduled). Please note:
- We will always try to hold classes if at all possible.
- We will not cancel classes the day before – our weather is too unpredictable and the forecast is often wrong.
- Always check the website to verify that we have cancelled – there may be considerations that are not evident and sometimes weather is different in other areas of the metroplex.
- Pop-up thunderstorms may cause a delay rather than a cancellation. If storms pop up after class has started, we will evaluate conditions before deciding how to proceed.