Interested in volunteering at ManeGait? We have plenty of opportunities for anyone looking to donate their time and talent.
For hands-on interaction and physical exercise you might want to be a…
The primary responsibility of a sidewalker is to maintain constant safety awareness, while providing physical and motivational support to the rider.
- Qualifications for Sidewalker – Minimum age is 14. Be able to walk
briskly in sand for 15-20 minutes. Jog intermittently for short periods
of time while horse is trotting. Attend volunteer training and be
committed for your time slot assignment.
If you have experience with horses you might want to be a…
The main responsibility of the leader is to control the horse during grooming and the lesson. It is the leader who must help in guiding, stopping and starting without making the rider feel that they are simply a passenger.
- Qualifications for Horse Leader – Minimum age is 14. Must have attended Volunteer Training. Must have experience with horses and be approved by the program director. Attend hands-on training and be responsible for continued training as needed. Should be able to walk at a fast pace and jog intermittently during the lesson.
If you like barn chores you might want to be a…
The main responsibility of the barn buddy is to support the barn staff during feeding times. It is the barn buddy who assists with feeding our equine therapists, cleans their stalls and assists barn staff with caring for the ManeGait horses.
- Qualifications for Barn Buddy- Minimum age is 14. Must have attended Volunteer Training. Must have attended a hands on barn buddy training and be approved by the Stable Manager.
If you have business experience, you might want to be a…
Marketing, Finance, Fund Raising, Technology, Personnel and Evaluation, Volunteer or Facilities
If you want to work inside you might want to be a…
We have filing, data entry, phone calling that needs to be completed to keep our organization running. Flexible hours.
- Qualifications for Paper Jockey – Minimum age 14. Must be willing to attend one volunteer training session. Ability to use common software such as Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Ability to type quickly and accurately.
If you like to help plan parties and events you might want to be on the…
Chuck Wagon Team
We will need folks to help with volunteer appreciation and riding events. This may entail menu planning cooking, helping to serve, table set up and clean up.
- Qualifications for Chuck Wagon Team – Minimum age 14. Must be willing to attend one volunteer training session.
If you want to assist in handy man/woman projects you might want to be a…
You will work on special projects for general maintenance purposes.
- Qualifications for Ranch Hands – Minimum age 14. Attend one volunteer training session.