ManeGait Internship Programs
Realizing the value of hands-on industry experience and mentoring, ManeGait therapeutic Horsemanship offers high quality internship opportunities.
ManeGait Internships are formatted to meet the student’s individual goals and objectives. Internships are unpaid, but interns can be paired with host families so that housing is provided. We can accommodate most time frames and lengths of internship that best fits the intern’s needs and requirements.
Development Department Internship
Position Reports to: Marketing & Development Manager, Jennifer Wisler
Purpose: The Development Internship will provide valuable experience and education in the areas of Non-Profit Management, Fund Raising, Public Relations, and Marketing, as they relate to a 501 C-3 organization, and specifically a Therapeutic Horsemanship program.
Duties Include (but not limited to) Assisting with:
- The development of surveys, measurements, and metrics to use in evaluation of the program as well as in funding proposals
- Donor acknowledgements
- Compiling of grant proposal information
- Foundation research
- Creating and enhancing an online presence for ManeGait through social media and websites such as Donor Bridge, GuideStar and iParticipate.org
- The creation of the Annual Report and the quarterly newsletter
- PR efforts
- Miscellaneous Administrative Duties
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume to:
The areas of focus to choose from for program internships include:
- Therapeutic Riding Instructor
- Non-Profit Management
- Volunteer Management
- Equine Management
- Combination of any of the above
If interested in a ManeGait Program Internship, please send a letter of interest indicating 3- 6 goals that you wish to accomplish during your time with us, a resume and references to: